Saturday, June 28, 2008

KnitPicks Options Harmony Wood


Long title for an AWESOME set.

I finally bought down and bought this set after about 3 months of research, mostly because they offer 60" cables, and I wanted them to knit blankets!

They are slicker than Clover Bamboo needles, but have more grip than Boye Aluminum ones, so they are perfect in my book.

I've found that I really like having projects on circulars because they are easy to put aside on a moment's notice and put up, then come back to later. I made sure that I figured out early which side my yarn tail would be on when I went back to my project to avoid issues!

I bought this kit (pictured), a set of 60" cables (you get 2 cables for 3.99), a set of size 13 needles (for my Rainbow Afghan), the ID tags (so that you know what size needles you were working with in case you have to put a project aside for a while), and the view sizer (because the size of the needles aren't imprinted on them (the only complaint I have so far).

I've currently got 3 projects going on my KnitPicks - Hollie's Scarf, my Blue Multi Afghan, and my Rainbow Afghan.

All in all I am very happy with my set. I have only had them come unscrewed once, and after I had tightened them with the key it didn't happen again (hand tightening wasn't enough). The cables have very little memory, like the reviews that I read stated. An A+ all around! I only wish I could afford more and find a nice binder to keep them in!! :)

No comments: