Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sock Prep

My new Harmony sock needles and yarn finally arrived last week! I took a break from the big projects to do a swatch of the Essentials Multi yarn with US 1/2.25mm needles and ended up with a gauge of about 10 stitches per inch! Crazy! :) Here's my little swatch and a closer-up of my new needles:



I'm going to try to finish up some projects before I do anything with socks or wristlets and I think I'll use the KnitPicks yarn first before using the good stuff that my mom sent me. :) She added some Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn and TOFUtsies to my birthday box - I think the Noro will probably become a set of wristlets for the cold, cold typing at work. I'm planning to do the 'self-striping' where you do 2 rows from one end of the skein and then 2 rows from the other end to break up the big chunks of color - looking ravelry those usually end up looking really neat. Then I'll hopefully be able to make a nice pair of socks (in the right size) out of the pretty blue TOFUtsies. :)

Not much news for now, I'm trying to finish up my Candy Button Baby Blanket which will be my first finished project in ages! It's really cute, now I just have to find a baby to give it to. :)

No comments: