Wednesday, December 27, 2006

MySpace - Update 12/27/06

Saturday Justin worked, so I did his laundry (hey, why not?) and then watched a few movies. He got to come home for lunch (I ordered pizza! That's a funny story if you ever want to hear it.) and we had a pretty normal day.

Sunday we got up early, got ready, and drove to Centerville, MO to eat, be merry, and most importantly - for me to meet Justin's family. I must have made a good impression as I got no scowls, only hugs. (Yay!) Everyone was VERY nice, he has an awesome family.

We arrived to an empty house and wondered if we were in the right place! He showed me around, told me who everyone in the family photos were (so I could get a head start on names) and about 15 minutes later his mom and her boyfriend arrived with the first of the food and to let us know that everyone was still on their way. (We were EARLY for once!!) The day was the usual family Christmas, talking, eating, presents, we headed over to visit with one of his mom's old friends who was also very nice and then headed home to her house to spend the night. We opened presents and got some dinner there and hit the hay.

We had decided to sleep in Monday so we did! (YAY again!) His mom cooked us a yuuummmmmmy breakfast of french toast and bacon and we hung out for a while as his dad wasn't at the Christmas celebration at his aunt's house yet and then said our goodbyes with a promise to bring him back home soon. The trip to his Aunt's was short, and I was quickly introduced to that side of his family. Everyone was talking and laughing, it was a very good place atmosphere to be around on Christmas. Everyone was great and very friendly! About 1:30 in the afternoon (we had only been there since about noon) we decided to exchange gifts so we popped into one of his cousin's rooms and did so.

I gave him a camera. He loved it, but it was woefully inadequate to my present - he asked me to marry him! My mind went blank when I realized what was happening, but somehow I managed to blurt out 'Yes!!' (good thing!!)

We both sat and hugged and cried for a while and then went out and made the announcement. Everyone has told me that they will be glad to have me in their family, and I am very glad to have their approval and support! We had to leave a little early because we were driving all the way back to Springfield, so we headed out. We celebrated at TGI Friday's for dinner (I had my celebratory fajitas - it was the only thing open!!) and we snuggled and talked about all the things we're going to have to plan.

Tuesday Justin was going to leave me his car, so I got up with him early to drop him off at work, but he wasn't feeling too good and we needed to see if we could get my ring resized so he went inside and saw that he only had 2 small jobs so he thankfully got the day off. (He was really sick last night so I'm more glad that we got to spend the day together and that he wasn't out in the cold.) I got to meet a few of the people he works with, including his friend Tim (who I've been wanting to meet!) and when he was good to go we headed home. We went back to bed and slept in again (yay!) and then got ready and went out shopping. We hit B&N so that I could use my gift card that his sister gave me, Best Buy for the $4.99 movies, the Traveler Info center for MO gifts for my co-workers that I've been promising them since October, and the jewler's to get my ring resized (just a half size, it was allllmost big enough ). We also ran out to the Harley store to get a shirt for Michelle, but they were closed! (Grrrr..) We also hit PetSmart (a surprise stop) but they didn't have any puppies or kitties to cuddle (not even a hamster!) and then popped into a Cat/Dog gift store where I found presents for Carrie (who's let me stay at her house since September). I won't say what they are until I give them to her in case she reads this!!

I took care of him and we watched some movies and went to bed early and got a good night's sleep. This morning we got up and he headed to work and I finished packing up the last of my stuff and got a taxi to the airport. It was really nice this time that I didn't bring a lot of stuff so I had plenty of time to get everywhere. (I don't like running through the airport and being all sweaty and stinky!) The flight back was mostly on-time and uneventful, and now here I am at work doing my thing.

I gotta go, but I just wanted to let everyone know what happened! It was the BEST Christmas vacation!!

TTYL!
<3
A

No comments: