Tuesday, January 2, 2007

MySpace - Update 1/2/07

Happy New Year!

My New Year's weekend started out on Saturday morning, loading as much as I could into my little Vue from Carrie's house and moving it to my new house in South St. Paul. I made two trips and got all of the boxes I had packed and stashed in the hallway, all of my bathroom stuff and a little more. Then I headed out to have lunch with Caroline, Scott & Scott's friend Nate. Right before the food came (I was starving!!) my aunt/uncle/grandma called to say congratulations and ask about Justin. I answered all of their questions and they let me go fill my tummy. Around 4 Justin arrived at my new apartment and after hugs and kisses I put him to work! We went and picked up my U-Haul truck and headed to the old apartment. We got my king size bed, desk, bookshelves, and other misc. furniture along with some dishes and silverware. I drove it (aiyee!) the 10 miles to my new place and we unloaded, set up the bed and zonked out.

Sunday we unpacked, moved more stuff from Carrie's and veged. We were going to head up to St. Cloud to see Caroline but by the time she & we were ready to leave town the weather had taken a turn for the worst and we were having a snowstorm. She called us from the road and said there were lots of cars in the ditch, a few accidents, and top speed was about 40 mph. (EEW!) So we stayed home, I unpacked some more, and we went to bed early.

Yesterday we had a 'Good Morning!' 'Happy New Year!' war upon waking up and I decided that we should go get the televisions from the old apartment. So I got ready and we went. It was easier than I expected!! I grabbed some things we didn't feel like taking on Saturday because moving the big stuff was so tiring and only an hour and a half later I was hooking up my dvd player in the bedroom and we were popping in a movie! (no couch in the living room so movies are more fun laying in bed). We went and had a huge breakfast, unpacked, watched movies and had a lazy day (finally!!).

I am working today and tomorrow, but have taken Thursday and Friday off to hopefully finish most of the unpacking and spend some quality time with my fiance before he has to go back home and work far too much. My cable is being installed tomorrow morning and I hope to have internet soon after!

That's about it for now, I'll get some pictures taken of my new place and put them up when I can. Thanks to my friends and family (old and new) for your love and support during this time, it has made all of the difference!

No comments: