Wednesday, January 24, 2007

MySpace - Update 1/24/07

First, I have a new kitten named Tigger!

He is almost 9 months old, an orange/white tabby domestic shorthair. I got him on January 20th at the Minnesota Valley Humane Society. His given name was Tiger, but the staff kept calling him Tigger and when we got home I found out about his "in your face" personality and bouncing habit and decided that he really is a Tigger.

We've had some differences due to his kitten-ness and my lack of recent kitten interaction.. I have to stop what I'm doing sometimes and just play with him for 10 minutes until he can calm down again. He was waking me up every three hours attacking my ponytail or head-butting my forehead, so I've decided that he can have the run of the rest of the house at night and I can sleep in peace. (Although apparently he prefers sleeping right outside my door to guard me - I think Justin must have had a talk with him.) The newest thing, he decided that my books just really didn't need to be on the shelf last night and knocked half of them off to make a nice spot for himself to sniff around. We'll see about this one, I've put the books back and now I know to keep an eye on them.

He also picked up begging for my food really fast and I'm trying to be firm on teaching him that he can have a treat when I'm done eating. It helps to be in that mindset after raising a parrot for almost two years, I am especially conscious of how I have to be consistent with my actions so that he trains faster and better. Thankfully he has only had one puking accident (on my bed - eew) but he's fighting with roundworms so it's understandable.

Overall, his mellow personality is very comforting and he's just a little love bug! And a very brave boy too, upon his homecoming he wasn't afraid of my apartment at all - just sniffed around and found all of the hiding places and then fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------

The second piece of news - I finally heard from my friend Angie who I used to freelance for when I worked (and after I was let go) for Aveda! It was SO good to hear from her again, I had missed her a lot and was glad when she asked if we should have cocktails on Monday. We went out and over drinks talked about what had happened over the year and briefly about some new jobs that she had for me. She even thinks that most of it can still be done after I move to Missouri this summer, so that's really good news. I've already gotten my first two projects from her that I will start working on tonight, so I'm very excited for the additional distraction and income! (I told Tigger that he has to let me work because it pays for his catnip toys so he mostly understands. Mostly.)

So that's the news for now, it's nice to have another sentient being around the house so that it's not just eerily quiet or me talking to myself.

Hope all is well with you!
<3

No comments: