Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Big Fat Fabulous Birthday

My big fat fabulous birthday week (ala Gilmore Girls) was certainly big and fabulous! :)

It started off with cards on Saturday (T-2 days) from Justin's sister and my Aunt which I was NOT expecting and was a fabulous surprise!!

On Monday (BFFBDay) I went to work because it was going to be pretty stress-free with a certain person gone, AND we got Panera Bagels as my birthday treat! I also received presents from Rose, Tracy, Lynn & Della including a noisy fun Halloween cat (that I annoy Tracy with at least once a day), Double Stuf Oreos, Hoops & YoYo post-its, Jelly Bellys and a silicone mini pan for making brownie bites! I got one card in the mail, from Justin's mom - and a call from her before we headed out to dinner. I had my fajitas from Chili's AND my favorite drink - a dirty Ketel One martini. I also had a call from my own momma (mid-martini) just to say hi and happy birthday. We came home and Justin gave me my new TOMTOM and let me play with it for about a 1/2 hour before going to bed. It was the BEST birthday I've had in years!!! :D

Tuesday, TomTom told me how to get to work AND home. :D

Of course, the BFFBDay must continue all week, because of presents ordered online! I came home Thursday to a giant box full of KnitPicks knitting needles from my mom (package #1) and Justin's other present - a 'Babette ate oatmeal!' t-shirt!! He said that the TomTom proved that he loved me and didn't want me to be scared and lost ever again and the t-shirt proved that he DOES listen to me even when I'm talking about crazy things. Have I mentioned how he's the best? :) My friend Hanie stopped by to hang out for the night on her way home to MN and I haven't seen her in YEARS! We had a ton of fun and talked about 80 miles a minute.

A few more cards trickled in (including funny ones with fun money from my gma, aunt & uncle) and I have a feeling that BFFBDay week is winding to a close. :) I received package #2 from my mom last night which included a load of knitting books, 2 skeins of fabulously cool sock yarn and a TINY 9" US3 circular needle to make them on, misc knitting accoutrements (stitch markers, cable needles, smaller darning needles, gauge wizard), Bearfoots ornaments (because each package has a bearfoots!), a North Pole shot glass, some gen-u-ine Alaska teas to try and favor boxes for the wedding and a card with a check. YAY!!

This is officially my favorite birthday in at least the last 10 years. :D

No comments: