Sunday, August 3, 2008

Home Knits

I know, I should finish some projects before starting new ones! :)

Lily Sugar & Cream cotton yarn was on sale for $1 at Michaels last week so I picked up a basket full to use for baby presents and other fun things. They had one kind - Country Twists - that I loved because it matched my kitchen. I hit the Patterns section on ravelry when I got home to find out what I could make out of it and decided on a button-towel like the ones I used to have at gma's house. :) I may also make one with braided tie-tops.



I would also like to try making a rug soon, maybe one for in front of the garage door or a bathroom mat but I will need to find some cones of colors I like for that. I will also be checking out Hobby Lobby this week - they have some 'I love this yarn' brand cotton on sale. If it is softer like the one I'm using now I will see if it is cost-effective for me to try some of that. :)

I'd also like to try the Bubbly Curtain from my Mason-Dixon book, but it will probably have to wait until after Christmas.

Justin has requested something to use to hold his hot plates for eating dinner on the couch so I am going to try a few round dishcloths to use for that. Kind of a potholder/place mat idea.

I'm also toying with the idea of knitting some pillows for our couches. (I would use pillow blanks to fill them.) Who knows! :) Lots of ideas, but not much time to actually do them.

I'm out. Back to try to finish up that towel and watching LotR Fellowship of the Ring. ;)

No comments: