Saturday, August 30, 2008

Busy Bee Weekend

Yesterday I had my eye appt and got a new pair of trial contacts - they are OK so far and not as sticky/dry as the Acuvue ones can get in my eyes but I'm still getting used to them since I haven't worn contacts regularly in years! Afterwards I came home and we had lunch and then set out on our wedding planning adventure.

We went around to a few different reception venues and couldn't find anything but we are waiting to hear back from the K of C about their 'lounge' (kind of a restaurant area with 1/2 of the bar) - I think it would be perfect and I really hope we get it!! It will seat up to 75 people with a small dance floor and it's just been re-done in the last few years so it is very pretty. There is even a door to the patio if anyone wants to eat outside (with the bugs - not me!). It's also CHEAP. So, please sent good vibes or prayers my way about that because if the other wedding party that is using the bigger room says no I may have to call her myself crying and pleading.

After that we stopped by Beth's Bake Shoppe (reportedly the best cake shop in town) and made an appt for Wednesday to order our cake - and she has the day open!! Then I called Beth's Photography (which is in the building Beth's Bake Shoppe started out in - 'what a twist!' as M Knight would say - oh, and it's a different Beth...) and made an appointment for this morning. So I now have the photographer booked as well, and a deposit paid to them that hurt my checkbook but they were the best pictures I saw AND the least expensive, so it was a no-brainer. Also, they are totally digital and I really liked the look & style of their pictures the best - I think it is a great fit. (Justin still wonders why we can't just give everyone a disposable. Men!)

So the only thing I didn't nail down was a dress, but I can't afford to order it now (after the photographer's huge deposit) so I'm not as sad as I would be otherwise. I did find a shrug to wear since I will probably have to get a sleeveless and just in case it is cold - so that is like 5% of the dress. :) My cup is 5% full!!

We also need to go order the rings soon, but at least we already have those picked out. I'm toying with the idea of printing our own invitations even though the ink will probably cost the same as ordering them online so hopefully I can afford to order them once we find out where we can have the reception too. It's so crazy that it's only 2 months to the wedding now!! I know everything will come together, since it all just feels so right whenever something is decided. :)

I got my new credit card with a picture of Tigger on it. It was free, and I was bored... so you know how that goes. It is so cute!!

OK, I'm going to go knit now and hopefully wind down from this tornado I've become. Thankfully Justin is at a LAN party today until late tonight so I only have Tigger to bug me!! :) I may go do some laundry too since I just realized that I stripped the bed so I can't just wait until tomorrow. Bummer! :)

No comments: