Wednesday, October 15, 2008

K-nitting K-news

That would be a cute name for a newsletter. It probably already is. :)

I finished the Candy Button Baby Blanket and moved on to my Blue Bagstopper. The original plan was to use all 4 skeins of the cotton yarn I had gotten on it, but after getting close to the end of the 3rd I realized it was already about 11" long and the pattern says to go to about 10". So I ended the body of the bag and took it to work to show off. :) I started the handles last night, just knit in garter stitch which makes a cute stripe effect. I'm guessing I may actually use up most of the 4th ball just on the handles!

We are getting a washer and dryer (FINALLY) delivered tomorrow!! Justin's family wanted to get them for us as a wedding present so last weekend his mom came down and we went shopping and got a set at Lowe's. I can't wait to do my first load tomorrow!! Now I can felt my coffee cozies too!! (I just need to get a zippered pillowcase or something to put them in because I have read how much the lint can mess up the filters! I think that I may even put them in a lingerie bag inside a zippered pillowcase for extra protection.

So, finishing projects is going well - and now I have to figure out what to make for a baby shower at Thanksgiving. At least I know it's a boy and already have some cute yarn!! :)

The bunny buddy I made as one of my first 'intermediate' projects finally went to his new owner, my friend (and co-worker) Della's great nephew Sammy. Hope let me know that he sleeps with it in his crib and plays with it and other toys in the morning. It makes my heart so happy to know that I can make things to keep those cute little hands busy! Next I have to try a teddy bear!

I am going to sign up for 'Secret Pal 13', a knitting swap that Jenni has been doing. It looks really fun and is only a commitment of $60 over 3 months - which is totally do-able. But then, I love shopping for gifts AND getting them! :) I have my anonymous e-mail address all ready to go and am just waiting for the sign up form which is supposed to start today (but isn't up yet - darn my early hours!)

That's all for now, I'll put up pictures of everything as I finish the projects. :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

I know the baby shower is coming up fast but have you seen the Jive Turkey BABY HAT? Here is the link.

http://goingcrafty.com/?p=86

Connie