Sunday, November 9, 2008

Secret Pal 13 Questionairre

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I haven't used many kinds yet, but Caron Simply Soft has been my favorite so far - it has just the right amount of stretch and stays together nicely.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Homespun (Lion Brand)!! Anything with bobbles in it or the dreaded boucle! It is the debil.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My Boye straights are in a vase with glass marbles on our mantle, my Harmony Options & dpns are in the Options case that came with them and everything else is in the drawer in our coffee table.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
About 2 years now, my mother got me a loom and then straights - I've learned from her, my Stitch 'n Bitch book and knittinghelp.com.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Intermediate - there's a lot that I haven't done yet but that I know will come easy for me and I am a fast learner. :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon one and one at the Loopy Ewe so far.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Truthfully - my cat! But I love grapefruit and peach (not a fan of flowery scents).

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
All of my teeth are sweet. I am trying to stay away from the candy but I'm a sucker for M&Ms (which we used as wedding favors), Whatchamacallits and Nutty Bars.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Scrapbooking and I used to do counted cross stitch. I've made stitch markers and may make a few pieces of jewelry soon. My mom just gave me a drop spindle as a present this last weekend - I don't think I'll be very good at it but I have 2 rovings to try out!!

8. What kind of music do you like?
Top-40 pop I guess, I'm a long time fan of Matchbox 20, Barenaked Ladies (I've been to 4 concerts), Goo Goo Dolls, Billy Joel, and some newer stuff like Kati Perry, Lifehouse, Buckcherry & Simple Plan. I love music from some musicals - like Rent & Moulin Rouge. My iPod is stuffed full!

Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, and so can my car!

9. What's your favorite color(s)?
Blue! Green and Pink are OK too depending on my mood.

Any colors you just can't stand?
Orange. Eew! Unless it's on a pumpkin. Or lime green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I just got married yesterday! No kids, one fat orange tabby cat named Tigger.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of the above! I L-O-V-E mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Smaller things that I can finish quickly like coffee cozies or dishcloths. - I have a very short attention span and have had very little time lately with all of the wedding planning (hoping that will change soon so I can try some gauntlet/wrist warmers and socks).

13. What are you knitting right now?
Scarves for presents, a Jayne hat for the hubby, baby blankets and an afghan the hubby has claimed as his.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes! I get a few each year from my mom and I love and cherish them, even if I am too worried about their condition to ever wear them!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the project - but I love my Harmony Options. I drool over the Harmony straights and would trade all of my Boye's for them in a heartbeat. My Boye aluminum are my second favorite for cheap acrylic yarns that are sticky and I don't like plastic very much but I have bought some just because they have sparkles. :D

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Neither :( I really want a winder - I wish I could find one on sale.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? about 9 months!

18. What is your favorite holiday? CHRISTMAS!!
What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Hubby would say YARN! I do have a lot of Bearfoots (Big Sky Carvers) and a good collection of books. I love cute cat things - pictures, household items...

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Books - the ones on my Amazon list, I try to keep it updated. Yarns - a lot! I just don't know what, but I'm into sock yarn lately although I think the nicer aran yarns would get more use at my house. I have a few examples in my Ravelry favorites (under Stash). Needles - Harmony straights (Knit Picks) and Harmony fixed circulars for doing magic loop. Patterns - just in the books that I want.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I haven't made any socks yet, or done anything cabled or with lace. I'd love to learn to spin on a wheel too, but I want to finish some projects first so I have room for more stash!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not yet, I'm not sure what to measure yet - but I can post them later.

23. When is your birthday? August 18th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes - aredhelstar

[[11/24/08 Updated Amazon wishlist link]]

No comments: