Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day(s)

This Turkey Day weekend didn't seem as crazy as they usually do. We are glad to be home though, in our own big soft cushy bed with big soft cushy pillows! :)

Thursday morning we (I) got up early and loaded the car and we headed to Centerville for lunch with my mother-in-law's family. We got to see most of the little ones playing and find out there's another on the way! They had a little wedding shower for Justin & I (although I think everyone there had come to the wedding except one of Justin's cousins and his wife) and a baby shower for Jeremy & Mandy (the ones who didn't get to come). We got more great presents from everyone and it was really fun to see all the baby presents - I am not used to all of the homemade quilts and they are so beautiful!! Everyone seemed to like the baby blanket that I gave them and were impressed that it was knitted, so now I have to make some harder ones!! We left there around 5, the last group to go, and headed to pick up Justin's step-mom and brother and take them back up to my father-in-law's house. We got in pretty late and just went to bed!

Friday most of us got up early and Hollie & I went to JoAnns (crazy packed full of old ladies!) and Michaels. Hollie found a bunch of stuff for the kids she watches and some decorations, and I got 3 big collage frames for pictures! One that holds 9 5x7s for our wedding pictures (when we get them back), and 2 16x20 collage frames - one that holds a bunch and one that has spots for 3x5s. I can't wait to start digging through my pictures and filling them up!! I've been wanting them for so long!! We decided not to go to any of the other crazy sales, so we mostly worked on fixing the parent's computer (like most trips there) and watched TV.

After showers and rest, my father-in-law offered to take me to the yarn shop I had found that is in downtown St Louis. Justin came with, probably just for something to do. It took us about 30 minutes to get there - and it was huge!! I spent about a half an hour walking around & making sure I saw everything, they had a whole ROOM for sale yarn!! I got 15% off my regular priced yarns and 10% off the sale yarn so I was excited. :) I picked out a gorgeous, soft blue lace yarn which is my favorite color, a handpainted sock yarn and more of the cotton twist yarn that I had bought at my own LYS in pink. I also picked up an Addi Turbo Lace to use with the lace yarn I got to do my first lace project. I can't wait to start!! I spend most of the rest of that day ogling my new yarn, petting it, and looking for projects to use it on. :D
Saturday morning Hollie & I went to Hobby Lobby to check out their 2-day sale and I got a whole bunch of beads at 50% off! They are so pretty - I can't wait to make stitch markers and maybe some earrings out of them!! We headed back here to the rain and cold and get to have a lazy day today and maybe go see 'Twilight'.
I hope to get some projects done really quick, although I am so far behind on my Xmas knitting that I don't know if I can possibly catch up! I do know that I want one of the awesome swifts they had at the St Louis yarn shop though!! :D

Happy Holidays, everyone!!

No comments: