Saturday, January 17, 2009

Crazy Days & January SP13 Gift

As is the norm in my life, good and bad news come together and slap me around like waves on a rocky beach.

Thursday, Tracy & I were laid off. It had nothing to do with our performance or other people there - simply that they had to downsize our department. I took it pretty well - partly because Tracy was told before I was so I could prepare for it and not cry - but also because I've been looking for a new job casually for a while now. I had decided that I would stay until my car was paid off in April and then leave - so this just moves my plans ahead. The good news - they gave us severance in lieu of notice and a bonus for finishing the Association Management class last year. The only thing I dread is going backwards on my pay scale. We just barely scrape by now so with my pay cut it's going to be pretty hard until I can get my car paid off.

That night when I got home I started thinking about all of the things that I could sell to ease the transition and my first thought was my yarn stash. My pretty, pretty yarn stash. I started going through my Ravelry list and thinking about what would sell and how much I could get from it. Hopefully it won't come to that - but it had been on my mind. This morning I finally finished knitting my mom's birthday present and when I came in here to post the new info on Ravelry, I had an e-mail that I had won the button contest for Secret Pal 13! I can't wait to see what kind of prize it will be but it made me feel better about not being able to buy any new yarn until I have a steady job again and hopefully not having to get rid of anything, at least not right away. :)
*************************************************
And now for belated mad props to my secret pal! (Sorry I didn't post this sooner!)

I received my January SP13 package on Jan 6th:
It was all gifts from one of my favorite stores, Bath & Body Works. I got a Lambie (which I hadn't gotten yet so I was super excited about), a pair of aloe infused slipper socks that keep my feet nice and toasty, and a little gift set of the 'Sensual' Aromatherapy products (body wash, lotion and pillow mist with a pretty little red bag) which I am saving for Valentine's Day but they smell really good!

(I had to include the picture where Tigger looks totally offended because I won't let him play with Lambie - it was too funny.)

Thank you so much, pal!! :D
*************************************************
That's it for now, good news and bad. I just wish I could get my hair cut. Maybe I will be able to splurge on that soon, who knows. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I r jealous of the lambie!!!!!! Tigger is too funny I still giggle-snort over him and me spinning my roving at your house. :D I kept going just to see him get all crazy! LOL