Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life Update

Haven't blogged in a while, I know, but there hasn't been much going on. Trying to find a new job, but there are so many people laid off that pickings are slim and by the time I find something good the spot is already filled. Ugh.

My hopes are high, though - and my blood pressure is holding steady. :) It is so relaxing to not be around people that are so nasty and high strung every day!! I do miss Tracy though, so hopefully once the snow is gone we can meet up for knitting or Wii or something on a regular basis.

I've been lax on my knitting the past few days because of other excitement (snowstorm, cleaning, Justin being home) but I am almost finished with 2 pastel bunny buddies and have started my first fingerless mitt. I've decided that knitting those bunny buddies with the cotton is much like weightlifting for your hands. I can only do it for a little while and then my hands are sore (especially the left one with the cyst that didn't go away). I'm not sure what I'll do next, there are so many things I'd like to start! I've been adding projects to my Ravelry projects section as I get the materials together for them, so hopefully I can work on those before starting something new. I'd love to finish up the blue afghan I started last winter! Anyway, if you are curious what I am working on I am trying to keep Ravelry updated every few days (I change the status to 'hibernating' on anything that I've put aside).

We had a big ice storm followed by a snow storm! Justin made it about one car length out of the driveway and got stuck on Wednesday morning, so I got his car back in the driveway (just barely) and he went back to bed and I went to Lowe's to get shovels and ice melt. We finally got his car back in the garage at about 2 pm. The back roads are heck (they do NOT know how to plow here - I can't imagine the postal lady will be able to get to our box) but the snow is so pretty!! Blindingly so. :)

That's about it for now, I'm going to spend most of today cleaning house and maybe listing a few things on eBay (leftover wedding stuff mostly).

I hope everyone is staying warm and happy!!!

No comments: