Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spindle Pain

Ow.

I gave my drop spindle another try today, and I think I was getting pretty good. I almost got through the 8 oz of pencil roving that my mom gave me with the spindle, but it hurt quite a bit and the spindle was getting heavy. Before my nap, my feet were the most painful thing. After my nap, my biceps are on FIRE. My left thumb is also numb, feels like it might blister. :( (From spinning the spindle.) I've put an Icy Hot patch on my right arm to try to help (super tingly is better than burning pain right now) so hopefully it will get better overnight, but I wanted to post a little something because I may not be up for typing a blog in the next few days!

A picture of what I accomplished today:

I think I want to try plying it which will make about a worsted weight, maybe a little thicker.

Spinning today was so fun, I can't wait to do more. Once I heal. :)

No comments: