Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Christmas was less stressful than usual this year, even with our lack of funds. The weather co-operated (for the most part), so we headed out to visit my in-laws. We got some great presents and I even got to go exploring around St. Louis to find yarn shops. I got 5 new skeins of sock yarn (3 J Knits hand painted and 2 Harry Potter sock yarns) and 4 new sets of addi Turbo Lace at the sales, along with a few other misc items.

New Year's Eve we had my friend Tracy and her son over - we went to Incredible Pizza where they were having a deal that included a 2-hr unlimited play card and the buffet. We grown-ups spent the whole time on the 'Power Tower' game trying to win as many tickets as possible. J & I ended up with about 4500 tickets which I decided we should save. (You put them in the 'ticket eater' and get a receipt - we did NOT bring that many home!!) Then we stayed up until midnight at our place and watched the ball drop in Times Square and went to bed. New Year's morning we got up and I played a few games on Tracy's Wii which I now have to buy!! I also showed Tracy how to purl and yarn over, so maybe we can get her started on some more patterns!!!

My mom's birthday present is taking me longer than expected, but I think it's because I psych myself up too much about it. I am halfway through the 4 pattern repeats now but considering adding one more because I should have enough yarn to do so. I don't want to make it too big, though. I think I'll just stick to the pattern. I really hope she likes it, I want to make more for other presents this year.

I am trying to do a better job of keeping track of things, and this blog seems like a good place to do it! I've added sections for my 'Goals for 2009' (basically New Year's Resolutions) and the knitting projects I hope to complete. I only finished 12 this year (other than stitch markers) so my goal is to double that! Which means I need to finish up my afghan projects so that I can focus on smaller things that I can do in less time. I will be crossing things off my list as I finish them, so enjoy the ride with me and your support is needed and welcome!! :)

No comments: