Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Meme 2008

It's never too late for a survey, right? :) I'm using it to gear up for my 'What I did on my Christmas Vacation, by Amy Dunn' post.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I prefer wrapping paper, just because we never used many gift bags when I was growing up. It's more satisfying to rip open that paper to get your present!! Of course, now I have enough wrapping paper for about 10 years so I use it on everything. :)

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial - I am allergic to pine. I'd say it's my worst allergy. I do love being around real trees though, with the proper dosage of Claritin. As long as I don't touch it. My goal was to get a new artificial tree this year, but after paying my personal property tax and the rest of the bills I don't know if it's going to happen. I'll probably spend that extra money on toys for my Wii instead!!

3. Why are you willing to answer these questions?
Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday and anything associated with it is worth my time.

4. When do you take the tree down?
We haven't had one up much the last few years, but usually sometime in January or by Valentine's day at least. I love having it up to look at!!

5. Do you like eggnog?
I love it. Eggnog shakes, eggnog ice cream, eggnog flavored coffee creamer... love it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Gotta be my kitty cats. I wasn't really a 'child', but my mom got my cats Shorty & Nippy at Christmas time when I was in high school. Before that I remember my two Barbie cars (a red Ferrari and a '57 Chevy Bel Air) were probably my favorites.


7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mom. She just gets what she wants so I usually have to try to come up with something I've made. It will be easier now that I am knitting as long as I can plan ahead!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Justin - I try to pay attention throughout the year at the little things he says he wants so I can surprise him with them after he's forgotten about it. :)

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Part of one - I have the first 'Bearitivity' set of my Bearfoots which has Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and two little angels all as cute black bears. I'd love to get the rest of the sets and maybe another more traditional one someday.

10. Do you send your card by mail or e-mail?
Usually mail, but this year I think I'm going to get photo cards made up and e-mail them to who I can and send a 'hard copy' to the rest. (We JUST got our wedding photos back the day before Christmas so I am not late because I'm lazy!!) In the future I'm hoping to send them all electronically since postage is getting so expensive.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Probably clothes when I was younger - but I've never really hated anything enough to remember, I just exchange it or give it to Goodwill or re-gift it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Love Actually, but for the kid in me it will always be Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I will usually get a few things for Justin throughout the year but generally about December 20th. :D

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
TONS. Especially for the gift exchanges (like 'white elephant') where you don't know who will be getting it. Thankfully I have a great memory so I am very careful about it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Peanut Butter Balls (only because the jellied cranberries is my most favorite at Thanksgiving).

16. Lights on the tree?
Always. I like colored ones but the all white ones look better with all of my crazy ornaments.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I have a ton! Silver Bells and Carol of the Bells are tied for my #1 but almost every Christmas song I hear I say 'Oh! That's one of my favorites!' because I'm just gaga over Christmas.

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Always end up traveling but I can't wait until we have kids for an excuse to stay home!!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Of course! I know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen... and I even recall the most famous reindeer of all - Rudolph.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Either - I am hoping that my mom will give me an angel she has that is white and very pretty. It was always my favorite topper.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
ONE on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning. That's how I grew up doing it, but with all the family we go see now we usually end up opening one families on Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
People being jerks at the store and on the road. It makes me sad.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Oh, probably anything with penguins or snowmen. My favorites are my Bearfoot ornaments that my mom & step-dad have gotten me. As for 'color'... is 'sparkly' a color? :) I love things that are flashy and loud and play music - that won't surprise any of my friends!! :D

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Same as Thanksgiving - Turkey with stuffing, rolls and jellied cranberries. Pass the gravy, please! (Of course, I wouldn't say 'no' to starting a tradition of filet mignon for Christmas dinner!!)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
The same thing I want every year, Pinky... a Wii! (Justin finally gave in!!). I also really do need clothes so I hope I get some more. Justin really wanted a big TV and he got it! (And then was sad that I keep playing my Wii on it so he can't watch it. Haha!)

I'm adding a bonus question since it's after Christmas!

26. What is your favorite memory from Christmas this year?
Playing 'Da Yoopers' Christmas songs for Justin while we drove from his mom's to his dad's.

No comments: