Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Update

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month. I haven't really had much to blog about though! I have a new 1Tb external hard drive that I am still trying to break in, and lots of new yarn from Sunshine Yarns. I got a few more little skeins spun up in March but lately I've been trying to work on knitting up my stash. I had to read the Twilight series over again after the DVDs came out, then was sucked up into a few fanfiction works (Wide Awake, Frenemies and Eternal Dawn so far). I also found some excerpts on Stephenie Meyer's site that she had written for the first two books, extra stuff or stuff that got cut and read those. This week is my attempt to break out of the Twilight addiction by knitting my Mother's Day Scarf for the Ravelry 'Sunshine Yarnies' group's Spring knit-a-long. It's going good, and I've decided that my best course of action is playing the Twilight DVD over and over while I knit. I really have to pay attention to the lace pattern but I need something in the background, so it's a good compromise. :)

I've started reading her next book, 'The Host'. Only on Chapter 3 but it is good so far. After that I want to read 'Angels & Demons' for the May movie release and then the Harry Potter series to prepare for the new movie this summer. That should keep me busy! I only wish I could read and knit at the same time! (And no, I can't stand listening to audiobooks unless I am driving so that's not an option - I just can't multitask on those.)

So that's about it. I'm trying to decide if I want to plan a trip to Milwaukee to help clean out my grandma's house, and then need to plan to visit her and my aunt/uncle in Vegas, and my mom in AK. All probably in the next 5 months. Agh! And I still need a job. Blargh.

Sorry for all of the links, but I wanted to make sure that if anyone was interested they could get more info. :) Later!

No comments: