Saturday, May 30, 2009

2009 Crafting (April)

I also had a great time making some Twilight & Family themed stitch markers for Jenni's birthday present and it inspired me to make a few more sets for my new Etsy shop.

Project: Stitch Markers: Twilight

Details: Fits up to a US9, set of 6
Inspiration: Twilight, of course. Jenni had added a similar set to her wishlist, so I decided to make them for her birthday.
Notes: Two identical sets made, one for Jenni and one for me. :)

Project: Stitch Markers: Family

Details: Fits up to a US10.5, set of 5
Inspiration: I wanted to make Jenni another set of markers for her birthday that would be something personal, so I came up with this. :)

Project: Stitch Markers: Nature

Details: Fits up to a US6, set of 8 (4 of each design)
Inspiration: My friend Deneise's love of nature. Green grass, brown trees and a clear blue sky. I realized to me they also represent 'the meadow' from the Twilight books. :)
Notes: For sale on Etsy

Project: Stitch Markers: Strata

Details: Fits up to a US10.5, set of 2
Inspiration: The beads reminded me of layers of earth that would always peak my curiosity in Geology classes.
Notes: May be for sale on Etsy soon.

Project: Stitch Markers: Globs

Details: Fits up to a US10.5, set of 4
Inspiration: The beads themselves were so neat, like little drops of glass left over when making a hand-blown vase or bowl, so I decided they would just showcase themselves.
Notes: SOLD on Etsy!! My first Etsy sale!! :D

Project: Stitch Markers: Clovers

Details: Fits up to a US10.5, set of 14
Inspiration: The clover beads made me think about my Irish heritage. I thought they would look great surrounded by wood beads and little green glass spacers, and they do!
Notes: I know these would sell right away on Etsy, but I don't think I can give them up!!

No comments: