Saturday, May 30, 2009

2009 Knitting (May)

I guess May was a month of selfish knitting, looking back. :) I had a lot of fun making these, though, and have more fun projects planned for June.

Project: My Jayne Hat

Pattern: Jayne Cobb Hat (Ravel It)
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid 'Brick', 'Rust' & 'Mustard'
Needles: US10 Knit Picks Harmony Wood 16" circular & 8" dpns
Started: April 26, 2009
Finished: May 4, 2009
Other Details: To use up the extras from Justin's birthday hat. My pom-pom is more professional, since Ma Cobb would have made one for Jayne's lady-friend a little fancier, I think. :)

Project: Amy-anda Hat

Pattern: The Amanda Hat (Ravel It)
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy 'Wisterious'
Needles: US9 Knit Picks Harmony Wood 16" circular & 8" dpns
Started: May 5, 2009
Finished: May 6, 2009
Other Details: Needed to make a fast project in worsted after that crazy lace project and loved the idea of this hat in this yarn. I was right - it's fabulous. :) I have enough left over to make another hat or a pair of mitts!

Project: Glacial Melt

Pattern: Falling Water (Ravel It)
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock 'Blue Ice'
Needles: US5 Knit Picks Harmony Wood 8" dpns
Measurements: 96" long x 5" wide
Started: May 5, 2009
Finished: May 24, 2009
Other Details: For the Sunshine Yarnies Ravelry Group's May Lace KAL. It turned out even better than I expected, and I am so glad that I am finally keeping something beautiful and lacy for myself! :D

No comments: