Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The 'grown up' quiz

Because I'm bored.

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? Here you have 40 questions for the people who are a little older...

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Utilities, because it's the biggest since I paid my car off.

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Chili's! I find fajitas incredibly romantic.

3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Eating spaghetti and watching TV, but I gotta wait till J-man gets home.

4. How many colleges did you attend?
Just the one.

5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Because it's light teal and enhances my crazy light blue eyes.

6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I like them under $2.

7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
When I saw myself in the mirror I wondered where the weird hand prints on my chest came from...

8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
'Mmmmm I love snuggles.'

9. Do you miss being a child?
No, because I'm pretty child-ish. Ask anyone.

10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Doing dishes. They are smelly and make my nails all soggy and bendy.

11. Get up early or sleep in?
I always get up early now, I'm old.

12. Have you found real love yet?
Yes! YAY!

13. Favorite lunch meat?
Umm.. honey ham! Yums.

14. What do you get every time you go into Target?
I hardly ever go there anymore, but usually a cheap DVD or two.

15. Beach or lake?
Snow. Crabs live on the beach (and chase me) and there's bugs at the lake. Ick.

16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Nope, I think it's fun to lay claim to my manly man.

17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Ick, neither! I'll take Bones and Supernatural instead.

18. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Oh, to choose! J would say that I would pick David Boreanaz, but I think I would pick Rob Pattinson now because he seems more reserved like me and wouldn't mind the awkward silences.

19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
My vehicle was crashed into, but I have never caused it to crash.

20. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No, I call the police and they do it very well.

21. Ring tone?
'Leave Out All the Rest' - Linkin Park. But mostly I hear 'Far Away' by Nickelback because that's my one for J-man.

22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Um.. Alaska?

23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Any and everywhere, I've never been to Cali.

24. Do you go to church?
Only with family when they are going.

25. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Career - and that's what I'm doing!

26. How old are you?
28, will be 29 in 3 mths and 5 days. :)

27. Do you have a go-to person?
Yup, hubster J. If it's a girly thing, then Jenn-face.

28. Are you where you want to be in life?
Not yet, but getting there. Once I become a teacher and pop out a kid, I will be.

29. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
Smurfs, Gummi Bears, Duck Tales

30. What about you do you think has changed the most?
My temper and attitude. I had to work long and hard to overcome certain things about me that I didn't like.

31. Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life?
Not nearly. I miss the friends and hanging with them a lot but I was very different back then.

32. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Most of the time. I'm still wondering if 'adult mode' will ever kick in.

33. Did you ever own troll dolls?
Yes, lots! I had them all dressed up, with belly jewels, and earrings too.

34. Did you have a pager?
Wow, yes. When I started college. I felt so pimp!

35. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
Hmm.. usually a friend's place but I would go to Meijer's or the Lansing Mall when I was bored.

36. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
Very much yes, because I was never able to find trouble no matter how hard I looked for it.

37. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
My ex, Jer. It might suck, but he made me realize a lot of things about myself when we were happy, and again when it was over.

38. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
My band instructor, JK. He always saw the best in me.

39. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
Yes, but mostly to be funny. :) I mean, I married a younger man and have 2 little sisters, so it's fun.

40. Is it better to love and lose it or never to love at all?
It's better to love and lose, it can make you a better person if you are open to it, and love is always worth it.

No comments: