Saturday, May 30, 2009

2009 Knitting (Jan-Mar)

I just realized that it's the end of May and I haven't posted any of my finished knitting projects here! Please accept my sincere apologies for a few picture-heavy posts. :)

Project: Mom's Wimple

Pattern: Smoke Ring (Ravel It)
Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Ty-Dy Socks '1631'
Needles: US5, US6, US7, US8 Knit Picks Harmony 16" circs
Started: December 6, 2008
Finished: January 17, 2009
Other Details: A birthday present for my mom - I wanted to knit her my first lace, and settled on this cowl. I picked this yarn from my stash because I thought she would like the green in it. :)

Project: Noro Calorimetry

Pattern: Calorimetry (Ravel It)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Chunky '3'
Needles: US8 Boye 14" Aluminum
Measurements: 15.5" long unstretched
Started & Finished: January 20, 2009
Other Details: Yarn was a present from Jenni, so I thought I'd make a Calorimetry like she did. :)

Project: Yukon Calorimetry

Pattern: Calorimetry (Ravel It)
Yarn: Knit Picks Sock Landscape 'Yukon'
Needles: US6 Boye 14" Aluminum
Measurements: 16.5" long unstretched
Started & Finished: January 25, 2009
Other Details: Knitted 2 strands together, one from each end of the ball, to prevent pooling. Used a cute wood button from Hobby Lobby. A little tight, but nice and warm. :)

Project: Pastel Bunny Buddy 1

Pattern: Bunny Blanket Buddy - Knit (Ravel It)
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream Ombre 'Pretty Pastels'
Needles: US6 & US8 Boye 14" Aluminum
Started: January 27, 2009
Finished: February 1, 2009
Other Details: For my 'FO/Presents Stash'. There's babies popping out everywhere, so I'm sure I'll need more!

Project: Justin's Jayne Hat

Pattern: Jayne Cobb Hat (Ravel It)
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid 'Brick', 'Rust' & 'Mustard'
Needles: US10 Knit Picks Harmony Wood 16" circular & 8" dpns
Started: March 12, 2009
Finished: March 14, 2009
Other Details: 3rd try was a charm! I got SO frustrated making this one! Blah. But I managed to squeak it out just in time for his birthday. :)

No comments: