Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Racist Pins?

Oh, the fun I have. I think times like this may be the only reason Jenni IMs with me in the first place. :)

[screen names removed to protect us, even though we are far from innocent]

Back story: I had been contemplating getting a pin cushion for about a week. During my trip to Hobby Lobby today I finally just purchased the cheap (lame) tomato one, for $1.58 instead of the wicked-cool flower ones for $7.99. When I got home, I decided to get my sewing pins all on my new little tomato, sorted by color since I like to pin out my knitting projects with them all co-ordinated. (I mean, Hanie segregated her pins too so I knew it was OK since she's all government-y and stuff.) After staring at my completed project, a thought popped in to my head, and I had to share it with Jenni (because that's what we do).



amy: i think my pins are racist
amy: there is a big minority of white ones but an overwhelming amount of yellow ones
jenni: LMAO
amy: poor little white pins
jenni: HAHA
amy: ok white black and green all have 15
amy: red only has 14!
amy: it's discriminating against native americans?
jenni: weirdo!
amy: 22 blues
amy: i think that represents frozen nordic people
amy: TWENTY FIVE YELLOWS
amy: it's the asians
amy: they are racist-ing my pins

and when Jenni told me I should share this rant...

amy: >.>
amy: i dunno, not everyone can enjoy racial humor at the expense of pins

But she convinced me to blog it anyway. Because I am, as always, a drunk lemming in search of a cheap laugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bawahahahaha us far from innocent......SO true! loves it :D

we are a bunch of drunk lemmings my dear ;) why we are such good friends. and the im comment - totally true cuz you are always good for a laugh! ;)

eye lurve ewe!